ROBLOX users created 5.4 million games in 2011. In addition to this, over 250 million hours of game-play were logged, and ROBLOX served over 9.6 billion page views. A couple of weeks ago, VentureBeat released an article about LittleBigPlanet’s 6 million user generated levels on the PS3, as well as their most interesting user generated games. We were motivated to share some of the top games of 2011 on ROBLOX.
Our users continue to amaze us with the variety and quality of content they create. Here are some interesting games of 2011:
- 3.5 M game plays
- Created in 2008, but updated by user 2 weeks ago, which demonstrates long term stickiness.
- Game features two teams – red and blue. Each team has an aircraft carrier. Each carrier has a supply of jet fighters that you can take off in. Each carrier has batteries of anti-aircraft guns to shoot down incoming jets.
- ROBLOX codebase does not support aircraft, but users started scripting planes a couple years ago.
- Game loads a random environment and selects a random disaster.
- Players win points for surviving for a set period of time and can use points to buy survival gear.
- Users designed creative disasters such as volcanoes, tsunamis, and even a huge soda spill.
- 8.4 M game plays
- The creator, TheGamer101, is our richest player – last year he made almost 9 million ROBUX. The majority of TheGamer101’s wealth comes from in-game microtransactions – he sells tiered VIP access to this game.
- Game play features rounds of combat where players vie to score the most points.
- This game has more than 50 badges you can win for accomplishing different feats, such as winning a 3v1 game or finding hidden Easter eggs.
Created in 2011 and visited 3.5 million times.
- Users can purchase cars and race cars down ROBLOX city streets.
- The map has a lot of detail, and the racetrack is well made with creatively designed buildings.
- Users can also buy homes within the game too.
- The ROBLOXian Pool Party was created in 2009.
- This favorite pool party spot has been visited 3.8 million times.
- Realistic pool hang out, where users can make friends and socialize.