The time is nigh! This weekend – the 18th and 19th of May, to be exact – the entire ROBLOX team will be descending upon the San Mateo County Event Center for one of the Bay Area’s biggest events of the year: Maker Faire Bay Area. The Maker Faire figures to draw more than 100,000 attendees and hundreds of Makers — ROBLOX builders included. We will be showcasing the digital side of Maker culture right in the center of the Expo Hall and we’d love for you to join us at Booth 338.
With BLOXcon heading to Chicago, London and New York City this summer, we decided to overhaul our Maker Faire presence so we can still have an equally awesome time with our hometown crowd. We’re looking for as many of you California natives (and willing travelers) as possible to join us at the event. Think of it like a “mini-BLOXcon.”
- Be among the first to see pieces of our summer BLOXcon content
- Meet, build with and battle against ROBLOX admins (all of whom will be appearing in the booth at some point during the weekend, so keep an eye out) and fellow ROBLOXians
- Get up close and personal with dynamic lighting (and take away tips and tricks that give you a competitive edge)
- Play-test, experiment with and provide feedback on brand-new ROBLOX features and product development
- Participate in collaborative, in-person building and playing
While you’re there, get your hands on nifty new schwag!
- ROBLOX World Tour 2013 t-shirts
- Real (as in, non-virtual) black pinstripe fedoras with ROBLOX logo hat pins
- Discounted ROBLOX cards ($25 cards for $20)
- Exclusive, virtual Maker Faire Fedora (only available if you redeem a Maker Faire ROBLOX card by June 3rd, 2013)
- ROBLOX earbuds
Of course, your ticket also gets you access to hundreds of other exhibitors, many of which are doing exciting things – digital and physical – to promote the Maker movement. All-day advance tickets start at $15 (12 and under) and $20 (13-21). Click here to see all the available options. You may be able to purchase tickets at the gate on the day(s) of the event, but the prices rise and rumor has it the number of available tickets is dwindling.
Whether you’re in the neighborhood or thinking about making the trek from afar, we really hope to see you there. Again, look for Booth 338 in the center of the Expo Hall.
- Buy tickets / ticket information
- Maker Faire Bay Area 2013 website / Meet this year’s Makers
- San Mateo County Events Center (map)