We’re just 10 days into the Game Creation Challenge and already we’ve received dozens of entries — many more than we thought we’d have at this point. That’s awesome!
We’ve seen a wide variety of game styles, which is fantastic. Some people are making single-player stories, others have created multiplayer games, and still others have built more surreal experiences that don’t fit into normal game definitions. We love the creativity coming out of the contest, and you guys are definitely taking the theme, which is “scare us silly,” to heart. Some of these are terrifying!
One of the beauties of ROBLOX is how easy it is to prototype a game. For those of you who haven’t entered yet, don’t fret. There are still nearly two weeks left to enter your submission, so you’ve got time to polish up your games or even start fresh. We’re making it worth your time, with a hefty pile of ROBUX ready to be run through the Developer Exchange, an exclusive GCC hat, and the respect and envy of your peers.
The rules, FAQ, and gallery of entries are available on the Game Creation Challenge page. As a reminder, the guidelines are as follows:
- The contest is open to all ROBLOX members.
- Only one entry per person/development team.
- Your entry must be an original concept (i.e., not an existing game that you’ve recreated on ROBLOX).
- Your entry must meet the community standards of ROBLOX.
- Your entry must be received by September 28, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
- Create a singular project, not a series of projects.
- Your entry must be free for everyone to play (no Paid Access games).
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow the official rules.
We’re looking forward to checking out the rest of the entries, and showing them to all of you in the blog and on upcoming Twitch streams. Good luck, game developers!