UPDATE: The contest has been extended! With the release of new terrain types, including snow, ice, and magma, we’ve extended the contest an additional week. Now you can use these features, and make a wider variety of locations. Check the blog post for deadlines, and how to enter!
To celebrate the launch of Smooth Terrain, ROBLOX’s all new way to build beautiful in-game environment’s, we’re launching a contest for the entire ROBLOX community.
The ROBLOXworld Smooth Terrain Contest is a way for you to show off your talent, and earn great prizes in the process!
So how does it all work? Let’s break it down.
How to Enter
- Recreate a real-world place using ROBLOX’s new Smooth Terrain Tools.
- Good Example: Machu Pichu, the Incan citadel in the Andes Mountains– really anywhere that appears on Earth’s map
- Bad Example: Middle Earth, which while beautiful, is unfortunately fictional.
- Your entry can use anything and everything ROBLOX studio has to offer — parts, particle effects, skyboxes — but Smooth Terrain is the star of the show.
- Take a screenshot (or two) of your place, looking as nice and as distinctive as possible (we should be able to tell what/where it is).
- Fill out the form on the official contest page. Be sure to fill out every box, and put your ROBLOX username. Submission deadline is Sunday, June 21 11:59 p.m. PDT.
- Press ‘Enter” and then you’re all set!
On June 22nd we will announce the finalists, and will open the contest up for voting. Winners will be announced on the blog the following week.
- One entry per username.
- Must be a recreation of location on earth’s map.
- Entries must be submitted by Sunday, June 21 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
- There are 2 bracket: under 15 and 15 & over, As of June 1 2015. Each bracket will have its own finalists and winner.
- Finalists chosen by ROBLOX staff.
- Winners selected by social voting via the contest app
- **NOTE: It is at the discretion of the ROBLOX staff to disqualify anyone caught cheating in any way or form at any point in the contest.**
All Finalists in each category receive an exclusive trophy item they can show off.
- For each category, winners will receive:
- 1st place: 10,000 ROBUX, and a feature on the ROBLOX Blog
- 2nd Place: 5,000 ROBUX
- 3rd Place: 2,500 ROBUX
- Honorable mentions: 1,000 ROBUX
Check out the ROBLOXworld Smooth Terrain Contest page today and be sure to check back on June 22nd to vote for your favorite entries. And if you’d like some tips on how to get started with Smooth terrain, check out our How-To video below. Good luck everyone, we can’t wait to see what you create!