As part of our commitment to give qualified Roblox creators a chance to work with us and gain invaluable experience as paid video game developers, we have now opened up applications for our 2017 accelerator program and our new incubator program.
Both programs are designed to give serious builders an advanced crash course on Roblox game development, while also providing a unique opportunity to attain the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a professional environment. If you’re 18 years of age or older and you would like to learn more about these exciting educational opportunities, keep on reading!
Introducing the new incubator program
Starting later this year, we’ll be inviting a number of hand-selected individuals and team members to our headquarters in San Mateo, California to begin development on an original Roblox game. Over a 5-month period, these ace builders will work closely with our production and engineering teams to take an idea from inception to completion. Along the way, incubators will receive helpful advice and mentorship as they embark on their professional video game development careers.
You may be interested in joining the incubator program if…
- You live and breathe Roblox game development, and you have the experience and Studio know-how to prove it
- You want to get first-hand experience working as a paid game developer
- You are willing to work on a brand new Roblox game with direction and inspiration established by our production staff
- You are a responsible team player and can execute ideas in a timely manner
Does that sound like you? You might just be the person we’re looking for! If you’re 18 years of age or older and can attend this program at the Roblox headquarters sometime between the end of October 2016 and May 2017, apply today by heading to our Developer Forum and filling out the survey.
The accelerator program returns for another year!
That’s right – the accelerator program is back for the spring and summer of 2017! We’re excited to give another group of talented Roblox developers and creators an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with our production and engineering teams in order to work on an original idea or improve an existing project. The focus of the accelerator program is to refine your skills as a Roblox developer over a 3-month period, while also giving us a chance to hear from you directly about how we can make Studio even better.
You may be interested in joining the accelerator program if…
- You are a knowledgeable Roblox creator who’s excited to attend an intense paid development boot camp at our headquarters in San Mateo, California
- You seek experience working as a paid video game developer
- You want guidance from our production staff as you work on a new or existing Roblox project
- You are a hard-working individual or part of a hard-working team that strives to create the most awesome Roblox game (or games!) ever
Do you meet those qualifications? Great! If you’re 18 years of age or older and want to attend this program at the Roblox headquarters sometime during spring or summer 2017, apply today by heading to our Developer Forum and filling out the appropriate survey.
Both programs are an incredible opportunity, and we can’t wait to see what you’ll create with us. Please be patient as we go through all of the applications and assemble the teams. If you’re not sure which program is the best fit for you, feel free to apply for both and we will match you accordingly. We look forward to working with you!