Our vision of Roblox has always been to create a virtual amusement park where kids of all ages can be free to socialize with their friends, explore their imaginations, and create new experiences. As with any amusement park, however—virtual or otherwise—we need to focus on keeping everyone safe, while simultaneously balancing their opportunities for boundless creative expression.
The safety of our community is a priority for us. We want all users to be safe on Roblox, and I assure you that we will continue to invest in the safety of the platform so it remains a positive, productive, fun, and protected space.
Our work is never done when it comes to community safety. We use a combination of chat filters, both human and software moderation for removing inappropriate content, and optional friend filtering. In our continued effort to evolve our child safety features, we have just rolled out the following:
1) Parental controls that will enable parents to shut-off chat capability.
2) Age visibility so that parents can easily determine that the settings for their kids are age appropriate.
3) More stringent chat controls for under 13s restricting a greater range of words.
4) Modifications to our moderation community guidelines for more aggressive deletion of games and content with behavior we will not tolerate.
5) Further enhancement of our guidelines for our developer community in terms of content that is not allowed in their games.
We will continue to introduce new features and protocols to keep Roblox as safe as possible. As we evolve our safety standards, we know that our strongest partners are parents. We welcome all feedback on how we can identify additional measures to keep the community safe.
If you see any rule violations in-game, you can learn how to report specific instances to our moderation team by reading this help article. We also ask for parents to report any safety-related issues that they see on the site to firstname.lastname@example.org (please only send safety-related issues to that address). For all other issues, please email email@example.com.
In addition, I strongly encourage parents to visit our Parent’s Guide, where they can find more information about how to keep kids of all ages safe on Roblox and our ongoing initiatives surrounding safety.
As we continue our mission to power the imaginations of kids of all ages around the world, we believe that these efforts will help us build a fun, safe, and creative community for everyone.
– David Baszucki, Founder and CEO