We couldn’t go too long without seeing your creativity once again, so we decided it was time for another Avatar Design Contest! If you think your design is ready to join bundles like Digital Artist, Star-Mist Fairy, Nailah the Fortune Teller, and of course, Davy Bazooka, then it’s time to show us what you’ve got! If your design is picked as one of the winners, you’ll be rewarded with a sweet $500 cash prize and a spot in the Avatar Shop.
The contest starts today and ends Friday, February 19 at 1:00 PM PST. Here are the details:
How to Enter
Step 1) Design an Rthro bundle based on one or more of the categories below (multiple entries are allowed). You could sketch it out on paper, illustrate it using 2D drawing software, or even model it in 3D.
Step 2) Turn your design into an image file. Scan it, photograph it, or take a screen capture. We like to see all sides of your bundle concept, so don’t forget to show the front and the back!
Step 3) Follow @Roblox on Twitter and reply to our tweet announcing the contest. Include the image of your concept, a link to your Roblox profile, and the hashtag #AvatarDesignContest. Make sure to follow all these steps. If we don’t know your profile, we can’t give you your reward!
We’re looking for entries that are distinctly humanoid and show diversity in representation (all genders and ethnicities are welcome), so please keep that in mind when you select a category. And remember, you’re designing a completely original Rthro bundle—not items to add to an existing avatar.
- Everyday Jobs / Professions
- Back To School
- Fashion Show / Future Fashion
- Streetwear Styles
- Future Soldier / Military
- Ultra Ninja / Martial Artist
- Super Heroes
- Magic / Wizardry
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Originality: Does your entry exhibit a style or aesthetic that is currently not available on Roblox?
- Realism: Does your design look realistically proportioned and detailed? In other words, does it look more “live action” than cartoonish?
- Creativity: How unique or creative is your entry?
As always, we can’t wait to see what the Roblox community creates. Good luck!
Winter 2021 Roblox Avatar Design Contest
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for being a part of Roblox! As we often say, Roblox is the Imagination Platform, the ultimate virtual universe where imagination rules. Key to that is your imagination and your participation. So, we are excited that you are taking part in the Winter 2021 Roblox Avatar Design Contest (“Contest”), which asks qualifying Roblox users (each an “Entrant”) to submit ideas for original, anthropomorphic avatar designs for distribution on Roblox (each an “Entry”).
2. General Conditions. The Contest is open to Roblox registered users who are 13 years of age or older as of the Entry date and have a valid Twitter account. Roblox employees, their immediate family members and persons living in the same household are not eligible. The Contest is void where prohibited or limited by law or where registration, bonding or localization is required. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter the Contest, and a purchase or payment will not increase the chances of winning. Chance of winning depends on the skill of each Entrant and the number of Entrants. If an Entrant is under the age of majority in his/her state or country of residence, the Entrant may only enter the Contest, and is only eligible to win, with the consent of the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian. In such a case, you represent, warrant and covenant that both you and your parent or legal guardian have read these Contest Terms and agree to be bound thereby. You further acknowledge and agree that by entering the Contest you are accepting a benefit that you cannot return or disgorge and that we are relying on your representations regarding your ability to accept and perform these Contest Terms, and you therefore waive any right you may have under applicable law to void, rescind, or otherwise avoid these Contest Terms. We reserve the right to confirm parental consent at any time by any manner, including by having the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian sign a parental consent form. If you are a parent or guardian consenting to these Contest Terms on behalf of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, you additionally agree to guarantee and be fully responsible for that person’s performance hereunder, including all financial obligations or liability he or she may incur, and all disclaimers and waivers of applicable legal protections provided herein, and you agree to take all actions (including executing such additional documents or agreements) necessary to effect and perfect the foregoing. In such cases, prizes will be awarded in the name of the Winner’s (as defined below) parent or legal guardian. Any reference to an Entrant herein shall be deemed to include his/her parent or legal guardian, as applicable. In all other cases, you represent that you are 18 years or older and at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence and fully competent to enter, and you hereby agree and acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules without modification.
3. Duration of the Contest; Entry Methods.
3.1. Duration of the Contest. The Contest will run online from 1:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on Friday, January 29, 2021 to 1:00 PM PST on Friday, February 19, 2021 (“Contest Period”).
3.2. Entry Method. To enter the Contest:
a) Log into your Twitter account.
b) Follow Roblox’s Twitter account.
c) Within the Contest Period, reply to Roblox’s Twitter announcement of the Contest with one of the following images displaying your Entry to Twitter.
i. A scan, photograph, or other digital representation of a hand-drawn Entry.
ii. A two- or three-dimensional digital Entry, produced in Roblox Studio, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar software tools for artistic designs.
d) Provide the following in the caption for your Entry: a link to your Roblox profile, and the hashtag “#AvatarDesignContest.”
e) Your design should fit one of the following categories:
i. Everyday Jobs / Professions
ii. Back To School
iv. Fashion Show / Future Fashion
v. Streetwear Styles
vii. Future Soldier / Military
viii. Ultra Ninja / Martial Artist
ix. Super Heroes
x. Magic / Wizardry
f) Your Entry must be distinctly human and show diversity in representation (all genders and ethnicities are welcomed)
g) You must submit your own Entry and not anyone else’s. If you are caught posting anyone else’s Entry you will be disqualified.
h) Your Twitter profile must be public to qualify.
i) Although we will accept multiple Entries from the same Entrant, we will award no more than one Prize to each Entrant.
k) Adding a name and short description of your entry is optional
l) To be valid, all Entries must comply with these Contest Terms and Roblox’s General Terms, and must be received no later than 1:00 PM PST on Friday, February 19, 2021.
4. Winner Selection.
4.1. After the end of the Contest Period, we will choose the top one hundred (100) Entries that receive the most “likes” on Twitter (“Best Entries”). We will then select ten (10) winning Entrants from such Best Entries (each a “Winner”) based on the following equally weighted criteria:
a) Originality: Does your Entry exhibit a style or aesthetic that is currently not available on Roblox?
b) Realism: Does your design look realistically proportioned and detailed? In other words, does it look more “live action” than cartoonish?
c) Creativity: How unique or creative is your Entry?
4.2. Roblox is not obligated to choose a Winner for each category referenced in Section 3.2(e), above and may choose multiple Winners in any category. Potential Winners will be contacted via Twitter direct messaging on or around 5:00 PM PDT on Friday, March 5, 2021. If a potential Winner is determined by us to be ineligible, unqualified to participate in this Contest, in violation of these Official Rules, or does not respond to our correspondence within 48 hours, the potential Winner may be disqualified and a new potential Winner may be selected under the same equally weighted criteria, if time permits. Roblox reserves the right to choose additional winners. Additionally, potential Winners will be required to sign a Winner’s Agreement further confirming the rights granted to Roblox.
5. Prize. The Winners will each receive five hundred United States dollars ($500 USD) in Roblox Gift Cards. If selected as a Winner, you agree to pay any taxes related to the prize required of you, and to provide the information necessary for us to facilitate payment of this prize. Failure to acknowledge receipt of your win, or provide your full name and address, within 48 hours of receiving notice of your win from Roblox (or within another claim period if specifically stated) may invalidate your Entry and we may pick an alternative Winner. You acknowledge that in the event you are a Winner, we may post your Twitter or Roblox user name on Twitter, Roblox and other places.
6. Intellectual Property Rights, Representations, and Warranties.
6.1. By submitting an Entry, you represent that:
a) the Entry is original and has been legally created;
b) the Entry does not and shall not infringe or violate the copyright, intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
c) the Entry does not and shall not violate any applicable law or regulation;
d) Entrant has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and
e) the Entry has not been published or distributed previously in any media or entered into any other contest or promotion.
6.2. By submitting an Entry, you irrevocably and without further consideration assign all right, title and interest in such Entry, including any and all trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights, to Roblox. You agree that you will, upon the reasonable request of Roblox and without demanding any further consideration therefor, do all things necessary, proper or advisable, including execution, acknowledgement and recordation of specific assignments, oaths, declarations and other documents to assist Roblox in obtaining, perfecting, sustaining and/or enforcing its rights in the Entry.
6.3. To the extent the Entry is not fully assignable, Entrant irrevocably grants Roblox and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional, nonexclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, distribute, display, publicly perform, adapt, exploit, make derivative works from, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) the Entry, in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the entrant or any other party. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry. You waive intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude Roblox’s use of the Entry, and agree not to sue or assert any claim against Roblox for the use of the Entry or your likeness or statements. Except to the extent in conflict with or as otherwise provided in this Agreement, in the course of participating in this Contest, whatever you provide to us (whether we ask for it or not) will be considered User-Generated Content (UGC), as that term is defined in the General Terms. For the sake of clarity, that UGC will be subject to the General Terms, including without limitation Section 6(B) and the royalty-free license to Roblox to reproduce and distribute your UGC on the platform described therein.
6.4. Mandatory national laws, particularly on remuneration, remain unaffected.
7. Cancellation. If we are not capable of running the Contest as planned, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and select the Best Entries from among all otherwise eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation. Persons attempting to “game” the Contest or tampering with the Contest in any way whatsoever to gain an unfair advantage, violating the fair play or spirit of the rules, or abusing any aspect of the Contest will be disqualified. We reserve the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors, including without limitation computer errors that erroneously award prizes.
8. Conduct. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to disqualify any individual we believe to be tampering with the Entry process, the operations of the Contest or the Roblox website; to be acting in violation of the Contest Terms and the General Terms; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Third Parties. You understand that the Contest may involve advertisers, sponsors or other third parties (“Third Parties”). YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE CONTEST IS SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND US (AND NOT WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES), THAT THIRD PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABLITY TO YOU FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THE CONTEST, AND THAT IN ANY CASE YOU RELEASE ALL THIRD PARTIES FROM ANY LIABLITY TO YOU RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE CONTEST.
10. Winner’s List. Individuals may request the names of the Winners by submitting a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to May 31, 2021 to: Roblox Avatar Design Contest Winner’s List Request, 970 Park Place, San Mateo, CA 94403. Vermont residents may omit postage.