Funding the Next Generation of Roblox Experiences
by Jad Boniface
Roblox is looking for game developers and studios, including those who are new to our platform, who love experimenting with new technology and want the opportunity to bring their incredible vision to life. And to help them achieve their creative goals, we’ve launched a Game Fund to provide the resources they need to build the next generation of experiences on Roblox.
Applications are now open. Our goal is to partner closely with you to provide not just funding but the support necessary for you to push the boundaries of what Roblox experiences can deliver. We’ve already green-lit the first few applications, including neonKnights, an isometric cyberpunk role-playing game; Rolling Thunder, a realistic military first-person action game; and Winds of Fortune, an open-world seafaring adventure – and we can’t wait to see what’s next!
We’re looking for projects with innovative gameplay, ambitious visual designs, and creative ideas that are unlike anything else on the platform. We’ll prioritize ideas that encompass:
- Multiplayer, cross-platform gameplay, with mobile optimization in mind
- Social mechanics as key to the experience
- In-game avatars that reflect elements of the user’s platform avatar identity
- Ability to leverage “metaverse” items (i.e., items that can be equipped on platform avatars, like the ones in the Avatar Shop)
If you are accepted into the program, we will partner with you to define key deliverables for your project and provide funding based on your progress towards those milestones.
- Details about you and/or your team
- A short description of your project
- A pitch deck (high-level strategy, design specifications, etc.)
- Project milestone schedule and budget
Spots are limited; if you feel like you and your project are a perfect fit for this program, please click here to submit your application. We will be reviewing and selecting applications on an on-going basis. You must be 18 or older to apply.